Gotta love what the feds spend our money on. It’s a Festivus Miracle.
Did you know the Department of Defense got nearly $200,000 to install Starbucks espresso machines at the Pentagon?
How about the $28,000,000 spent on camouflage military uniforms that did not work in the desert of Afghanistan?
Or maybe this one will piss you off. $187,000 to verify that kids love their pets.
By now you should be boiling mad!!!! Lets face it, as long as the government has a printing machine, they will continue to spend money they do not have. And they will spend it on whatever they want and they don't care what you, the taxpayer thinks.
The wasteful spending was on full display this week as Kentucky Republican Rand Paul released his annual Festivus Report to the nation. In it he looked at nearly $500,000,000,000 in government spending on pork projects.
Here is a list of some of the items.
1. $475,000,000,000 just to pay interest in our national debt which is now well over $30,000,000,000,000. That's 30-trillion for those that may have lost track in all the zeros.
2. $4,500,000,000 given out to ineligible citizens during Covid.
3. $140,000,000 for an 11,000 square foot spa in Liberal Broward County, Florida. Nearly 65% of Broward County voted democrat in the last election.
4. $1,700,000,000 to maintain over 77,000 empty federal buildings. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell them or give the buildings away?
5. $2,100,000 to encourage Ethiopians to wear shoes. Did anybody ever ask them if they want to wear shoes?
6. $168,000,000 to help illegal immigrants avoid deportation.
7. $69,000,000 in over payment to government contractors for a terminated contract.
8. $17,000,000 for overpayment in unused hotel rooms for illegals.
9. $3,000,000 constructing a Gandhi museum in Houston. Why? Presidents have to construct their libraries without federal dollars.
10. $ 70,000,000 to subsidize the already free New York Staten Island Ferry.
This list should really make you care about who we are voting for in elections. This money spent is money we don't have. Did you know, we have not had a balanced budget since the Clinton era. Now congress just passes continuing resolutions and adds all sorts of pork to them, like the $1,700,000,000 pork project just approved last week. You should be asking every person running for office, how they voted on all of this horse s**t spending coming out of D.C.