Sadly, Montanans Keep Falling For These 6 Sleazy Scams
6 Of The Most Common Scams Affecting Montanans
If you have never found yourself to be the victim of a scam, consider yourself lucky.
1 in 10 Americans will find themselves a victim of a scam or fraud each year, and it's only going to get worse.
You probably know someone who has been the victim of a scam.
Heck, just last month I had my debit card information stole by someone in Massachusetts.
Scammers Use Email, Phone, And Mail To Get Your Information
I mentioned that scams, fraud and identity theft are only going to increase, that's according to the website Legal Jobs.
Here are some stats they provide,
- In the US, one in ten adults will fall victim to a scam or fraud every year.
- 1.3 million children have their identities stolen every year.
- You are more likely to become a victim of identity fraud by having your wallet snatched than you are via online fraud.
- When it comes to victims of doorstep fraud, 85% are over 65.
- In 2018 internet-enabled theft, fraud, and exploitation were responsible for a massive $2.7 billion in financial losses.
- In 2019 phishing attempts grew by 65%.
- 1 in 10 profiles on free dating sites is a scam.
- In 2018 82% of organizations were victims of payment fraud.
Check out the 6 most common scams that Montana resident fall for in the gallery below. 👇
You never know where scammers will attack you next to get your information, heck it could be something as simple as ice cream.