What is the #1 crime committed in Great Falls?
What is the number one crime committed in Great Falls? It is property crime. What is a property crime, it includes a theft, burglary, robbery, auto theft, larceny and more. And according to crimegrade.org you have a good chance of being a victim of property crime if you stay long enough in Great Falls.
Crimegrade.org says a crime is committed every 2 hours and 9 minutes in Great Falls. When it comes to property crime Crime Grade gives Great Falls a D-. The grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average U.S. city. This means other cities are 88% percent safer than Great Falls.
How safe is the area you live in.
See map here.
Here are some more stats that will grab your attention.
1. The rate of crime in Great Falls is 57.83 per 1,000.
2. The southwest part of the city is considered to be the safest.
3. You chance of being a victim of crime in Great Falls may be as high as 1 in 9 in the central neighborhoods (downtown) and as low as 1 in 50 in the southwest part of the city.
4. Chance of being a victim of property crime in Great Falls is 1 in 20 according to another source, Neighborhood Scout.
5. Your chance of being a victim of a property crime in Great Falls is twice as likely to happen compared to any other place in the state.
6. According to neighborhood Scout, there are about 146 crimes committed for each square mile in Great Falls. That is nearly five times greater than any other spot in Montana.
I've been a victim of property crime. It happened just six months after I had moved here in 2019.
Have you been a victim of property crime in Great Falls? Share your story with me.
SUNRISE SHOTS IN GREAT FALLS