Having siblings is one the of the great gifts in life, or is it
Can you really say you had a good child hood if you were an only child? I know, there are many pros to being an only child, for example:
- Everything is yours- you don’t have to share.
- Other than mom and dad, you get to pick everything you want.
- No one picks on you or steals your clothes.
- You are the center of attention in every setting, especially when it comes to grandparents.
But, let us take a look at having siblings:
- Off and on throughout your life they will be your best friends and your closest confidants
- With a sibling, or two or three, or ++++ you will always have someone to blame for the broken lamp or the missing cookies. Tough to blame someone else, if you are the only one in the house.
- Siblings give you a person to look up to and a person to help motivate. Believe it or not, deep down, siblings want each other to succeed, just not too much that it makes it hard on you!
- At some point in your life, your mom and dad will have passed on and it will be your siblings that you will share life’s milestones with. Yes- I know, many people have spouses, yet the sibling bond is very strong.
- Siblings will tell you things that are brutally honest. Yes, they may be trying to hurt your feelings, but they also want you to be better (that way you don’t reflect so poorly on them…..).
- Biological siblings are more closely DNA related than to any other family member. Try to get a kidney as an only child.
- And finally, siblings teach you how to fight, how to swear, how to love and how to hate each other all while going fist a cuffs with anyone that speaks poorly of them. I can be mad at my sibling but you have no right to say anything about them!
Certainly there are many more benefits to having siblings, but this list is great start for you to start thinking about yours. Don’t get me wrong…there were plenty of times when I was growing up that I thought, if I was an only child, life would be so great!
If you have a story idea or something you want to learn more about, give Randy a call at 406-788-3003 or send me an email at email@example.com